WHAT IS IT?
The nGoggle™ is a “virtual reality” (VR) goggle with embedded EEG sensors that a patient can put on which enables an ophthalmologist to accurately measure disease progression of glaucoma.
WHY USE IT?
Many ophthalmologists employing standard automated perimetry (SAP) – the gold standard test for glaucoma - see a number of shortcomings including the subjective and variable nature of the current test. Ophthalmologists need a solution that is less expensive and more effective in diagnosing patients with glaucoma to treat sooner and follow-up more accurately.
Global equipment manufacturers are actively seeking innovative and better products to replace their perimetry product lines that have reached market saturation.
Payers in the US and especially in developing countries are interested in finding practical solutions for screening at risk populations without incurring the heavy investments typical of SAP machines.
A PORTABLE NEURO-DIAGNOSTIC FOR OBJECTIVE ASSESSMENT OF VISUAL FUNCTION LOSS
- Binocular 3D Display
- 30fps Gaze Trackers with IR LEDs & Cameras
- High Luminance Turquoise (500 – 510nm)
- 16-Channel Multi-modal (EEG, EOG, EMG, EOG)
- 10-DOF (100sps) Motion Sensor for monitoring head movements
- High-Performance System-on-Module (SOM) for 60fps Video Rendering & 1000sps Bio-Signal Acquisition